Welcome to Wortham Lawn Tennis Club
ENJOY TENNIS KEEP FIT MAKE FRIENDS HAVE FUN
Wortham is a friendly, forward looking, four floodlit court club with c270 members. We aim to offer something for every level of player:
- active adult, junior and mini programmes
- social and competitive play all year round
- regular 'turn up and play' club sessions
- adult and junior tournaments throughout the summer season
- teams in a number of competitive leagues, both summer and winter
- coaching (adult, junior, 'mini' and 'tots'),
- Cardio Tennis - a really fun way to keep fit and/or improve your fitness level
- Tennis Xpress - a programme for adult beginners or those who haven't played for a while
- Touch Tennis - a fun game played over mini nets with low compression balls
We have had a successful few years with individual and team wins in summer and winter leagues - 4 of our teams are now in Division 1 of the Ipswich and Felixstowe Floodlit league; one of our junior members was voted National Young Volunteer of the Year by the LTA in 2012; our coach, Emily Wharton, was selected as AEGON national coach of the month in June 2013; our Club Secretary was LTA Volunteer of the Month in March 2014 and our Club Chair was LTA Volunteer of the Month in November 2014. We are very proud and excited to have won the Suffolk Sports 2015 Club of the Year Award on 13 November 2015 and the Suffolk LTA Club of the Year on 27 February 2016. And, our coach Emily has been selected as one of the Davis Cup Legacy coaches following on the great win of Team GB. Great results and achievements in a fun and active environment.
We hope you will find what you want to get out of tennis in Wortham Tennis Club. There are opportunities for every level of player. Come and join in!
Congratulations to Andy Murray on becoming ATP No1 on 5 November. What an inspiration to all players. Great day for British Tennis. Read more...
Saturday 3 December - Club Christmas Dinner An event not to be missed! Fun evening open to all members, to parents of junior/mini members and to friends of the club. Fabulous food and entertainment; bring your own drink. Would love to see everyone there. More information and sign up sheet are in the Club Hut Read more
Wed 28 Dec - Christmas Club session It's the usual Wednesday club session but with mulled wine and mince pies to add a festive feel! We hope all our regular club session players and those who want to run off the excesses of Christmas day will be there. The more the merrier! Read more